c

Monday, December 13, 2010

In awkwardness and in silence

What if being awkward was something we sought comfort in?
Would we go out of our way to create moments so awkward we can then find silence
And peace for ourselves and those who bask in and help us through the moments of awkwardness so dear?
Who will be there to bring out the turtles?

If silence was comfortable and texting was reprehensible
Would we change our bedside manner?
Who would you spend your time with in those quiet moments?
Who do you text? Who's next best?

If you are the one I think you are, be sure I want to be where you are
Rest assured our time spent in silence is comforting.
The times we've spent are never forthcoming
You are the one I want I want in silence and in awkwardness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You I like.
Your writing, still.
And everything about and 'round.
In fact.

And yet.
These walls we share.
Are so, so high.
And miles thick.
I'm stifled.

One in a million.
Of millions.
Of mice, men, and sand.
Yes, more than the sand.

And the answering silence.
Of typing the keys.
Of my heart strings.
Leave me.
A queenless king.