c

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rainbow dreams.

These days won't last...these moments happen so fast
I'm not sure what's next
If this is the way life is going to be,
Where is the sun I'll see?

I can't stop thinking if I'm missing something because
I've always felt like I'll be ok...no matter what
But you know what? That feeling has come and gone
I thought these 4 years would come and I'd be done

We go through life with this promise
Promise you'll succeed just pass these tests
Just work hard, play hard, laugh and love
They promised us success, love and a real life

This is the world we live in
The world of broken promises, broken hearts and empty wallets
The world where people are famous for selling themselves
Where our children are having children
These are broken dreams

Broken dreams of the girls and boys who wanted more
Who just wanted to live their own lives, create their own world
Because the world they once lived in didn't bring shooting stars
Hopefully they find their pot of gold at the end of their own rainbow

Life is what you make it
Live for you, do what makes you happy
In the end of this journey, at the end of your rainbow
You're the only one to say "I did it, I won" in life.

Rainbow dreams, a color for every shade of life.
Every part, every feeling, every breathe.
Takes color, gets warmth, shares luminescence.
Rainbow dreaming of you rainbow dreaming by me.

1 comment:

awayken said...

Lindsay. I love you. I mean, I love your writing. It's amazing. I've been questioning my rainbow's path as well. The principal today only helped me see that I may not be out for this game with no clear winner.
I mean, do I really have that kind of passion, of drive? I don't know! I mean...I know that this is what a lot of our peers are struggling with as well. This isn't what I signed up for. It's not how it was meant to be.

We're here at the crossroads.
This is your life.
Are you who you want to be?
Is it everything you dreamed that it would be when the world was younger
and you had everything to lose?

Thank you for being an inspiration to me - even though I hardly know you.
Don't stop writing. Words, feelings, and experiences are universal. These letters and sounds can be used to create so many awesome, amazing things...things that can open the floodgates of possibility, of mystery and confusion, of awe and wonder.
Paz.
~KLC