c

Monday, November 29, 2010

Cold Reality.

Do you ever feel like you've said too much, gave too much?
I might just be talking to your hand, receding beyond the wavelengths of time
I hear your voice, I see your face, I feel your touch
But this doesn't seem to equate to the depths of realness
I've been wearing a mask of greed, power, carelessness

Rip it up, take it off
Let go all of your expectations
It's never as good as they say it will be
Wrapped up in the fairy tale lines of promised lies

I can't tell you this is how it's supposed to be
All I can do is walk this broken empty path alone
Hoping you'll be there at the other side with open arms
Take me or leave me under the fallen leaves, shortened trees

You're much too delicate to take this all for free
There's just somethings in life we were never meant to be
The line between fiction and non-fiction is dangerously faded
Life's promises, expectations and what we're after has us jaded

We come and we go in the lives of many
Some memories will stick and stay with us
Haunt our lives for the rest of our lives
The stories we tell are ours forever

We only hope for the good, hoping the bad stays out
The lives we live are ours to live
Mistakes, regrets, pain, love, happiness
Experiences, good or bad and all that's in between
Shape who we are and who we will become

Be the best, take it or leave it
Enjoy it, live it be it
Don't turn around, don't look at the ground
Head up, chin up, live it up

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P.4, L3.
...as hot and cold, reality become lukewarm into nothingness, a nothingness of consciousness.