c

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Acceptance.

I've got reason to believe
All this has become my reality
The reality i once knew
Is long gone its sad but its so true

They say everything happens for a reason
I can't think of a better way to
Say that this is my life part 2
And it's all okay

I'm walking down the street
The wind hits my face,
Automatically transporting me to the specific time and place
I'm caught off guard by a moment a memory
It all seems too real

It happens everyday and
I tell myself I'm alright, I'm okay
I'm sitting in class, paying attention
Everyone's talking fast

I'm listening I'm seeing things flash flash
I'm not gonna crash, crash
This feeling lasts, lasts
Acceptance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Turn...

What makes you itch?
What makes you laugh?
What is your pitch
To a fool, caged in glass?

If you sang a song
What would you sing?
If you closed your eyes and were gone
Where would you be living?

If you could conquer the world
Who would you give it to?
If you ate yourself sick
What would be on your spoon?

Are you running?
Or are you waiting?
Would you take my hand?
Or stand silent, debating?

Would you bleed from the heart
just to savor a moment?
If you captured my heart
Could you stand for atonement?

If the wind whispered, "Go"
Would you run for your life?
Or dig in your feet
Ball a fist up and fight?

How many times have you counted your blessings?
Are you pious and pray?
Or don't repent for transgressings?

If you had but one wish
Would it be for yourself?
Or are you as selfish
To cheat your own wealth?

A place in history
Written yet or not
Where would you go?
With whom would you talk?

A wise man once said
"We're just leaves of grass"
Now what would you say
To that man 'fore he passed?

If you're given a home
Which room is the best?
Is it your closet?
Or your kitchen and chef?

Is it worth the risk?
Do you wish to advance?
Do you roll out the dice
Or take a lesson from chance?

What skips your heart beating?
What makes you feel flush?
Which caress of your skin
Makes you turn red and blush?

And how would you feel
If I gave you the stars?
Are they my dreams or yours?
Or have we made it to...ours?

lindsay.faith said...

I love it all. I really do...but who are you? How did you find me?