c

Friday, February 23, 2018

Here, wolfie wolfie

Here I am, here I sit and breathe
I can feel the lights on my skin, the pant leg around my ankles
I can taste the tea that lingers on my tongue like the memory of our last kiss
Here I am, in the basement of an old 1950's home
Without you
Here I am, as I live and breathe
I remind myself that life is a gift
"I am happiness, I am happiness"
I repeat, I go through the process of
refocusing, redirecting myself
Here I am, as I lay with my back against two random couch pillows
on a couch that doesn't belong to me
I can feel the warmth of the computer, atop my lap, atop the cover atop my legs
Any warmth, is comforting

Here I am, without you near me
You are always on my mind, in my heart and in my thoughts
We've been gifted each other, we have
This gift however, like a marionette,
comes with strings attached

Here we are, I am here and you are there
We must be our own wolfpack
A wolf pack of one, that hunts and preys and learns
to protect itself in the manner and veracity of an entire pack
not only in the dark, but everyday
Without the added comfort and security from having fellow wolves, we must be individually as strong and tactful as a pack
We are one, but we can learn to attain the characteristics needed to make up a pack within ourselves

Here we are, there we will be
Maybe here with you, or maybe you'll be there without me
All possibilities are good, all possibilities will be
With you with me
Individually or together, we will have to wait and see
For now, let's live and let be

No comments: