c

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Perspective

Walking down the terrace of rose petals, fireflies and frozen butterfly wings 
I was blinded by the light of my own creation
Living a fabricated fairy tale it was time to retreat 
And be true to myself, so I fell back down
Here I lay, surrounded by my own shadows

Nothing seems to reflect the truth better than pitch black darkness 
I was lost in my own world, believing what I wanted to see was real
When you gave me coal, I turned them into doughnuts 
I was good at lifting myself up, because you never could

It's hard to say you're wrong when you're living in it
But it's so easy to see when you have something this good
It puts the past to shame, like it didn't even happen
I don't have to pretend, I don't have to defend 

Nothing compares to what I have now
When were together it's like two best friends hanging out
The curtains are pulled, we are ourselves there is no pretending
You are just you and I am just me, we fit together so perfectly 

I couldn't imagine a love like this
It goes beyond the surface way below the deepest depths 
We love each other immensely, intensely 
We don't take each other for granted
We listen to each other, and let each other be 
And that, fits perfectly in my idea book of you and me

No comments: